Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Got a new domain name & Katie Walker is an All-Star!

Should meet with my loan officer tomorrow concerning the amount of the loan. Basically I am planning on asking for 40% of the loan to be deposited into my business account and the remaining 60% left as a line of credit. I have two meetings in the morning which should firm up what that amount will be. Tried to get "www.martinsbbq.com" but the marketing animals wanted too much $$$. They can stuff it up their ass! After typing in "www.martinsbar-b-que" a few times i realized that sucked, not to mention the carpal-tunnel one would get from typing it. So i called goDaddy.com and switched the domain name from "www.martinsbar-b-que.com" to "www.martinsbbqjoint.com". I am much happier now and should sleep well tonight. The graphic design/logo should be done tomorrow. I was tempted to post the comp tonight but i wont, ill wait till ive decided because as we all know everyone has a different opinion! I am very, very happy with the work that has been done! Katie Walker (graphic artist) is a freakin' all-star!

1 comment:

nem said...

PAT,
I PUT YOUR BLOG SITE LINK ON MY WEBSITE.
CHECK IT OUT, http://web.mac.com/nate75

What is this Blog???

You ever been sitting around cooking for your family and friends and been told the following: "Hoss, this is the best I've ever had in my dadgum life.....you have got to open up a place of your own". The thought crosses your mind to do just that, but for whatever reason you dont. Well I'm "that" guy that actually went through with it and did it. I had absolutely ZERO restaurant experience! I decided to start this blog about my own experience hoping that it may be of some use and help to others who might be interested in opening their own place.
I learned this craft almost 20 years ago cooking whole hogs on brick & cinder block pits at a couple of little BBQ Joints in Henderson, TN. I learned from old, lifelong career Pit-Masters, working with them as an apprentice during school off and on for four years. Over the course of that time I learned the old, time-honored craft of REAL pit barbecue. At Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint I am trying as hard as I can everyday to bring that time-honored authenticity to my customers.
As you read you'll see I've made some stupid decisions, and I've made some good decisions. If you are thinking of opening a restaurant, especially a BBQ Joint, read this blog! Maybe some of this info can be of use to you. At the very least you will be entertained because I pull no punches.
Now listen, this is my blog to not only help with information but my blog to freely rant about my day to day experiences. There is no real "bad language" on this blog but there might be some things said that are very "tongue in cheek". If you are easily offended and/or cant see the satire in my posts then please just leave the blog. It will save both of us the annoyance of each other. For those of you who do like satire and are looking for good information about this experience, then by all means enjoy!